It’s more than likely that you’ve either climbed or seen glimpses of the incredible climbing found in Moab, Utah. With seemingly endless high-quality sandstone—appearing in the form of boulders, splitter cracks, and desert towers—this is one destination on just about every climber’s list.
And although there’s more than a lifetime of rocks to be climbed here, there are also countless other outdoor opportunities, including mountain biking, hiking, and unbeknownst to most: incredible skiing in the La Sal mountains.
In this week’s Friday Flick Pick, join Colter Hinchliffe and Tim Durtschi as they explore Moab’s sandstone and snow.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- Our 30+ most popular articles ever
- Today’s Best Rock Climbing Gear Deals
- 200+ rock climbing videos
- Video: Sasha DiGiulian Climbs a Desert Tower in Moab with Kate Rutherford
- Video: A Tour of Moab’s Brutal Off-Widths
- Climbing Destination Guide: Moab, Utah
- Addicted to Cracks: 10 American Climbs Worth Jamming Ino
- How to Build a Trad Rack
- Into the Slacklife: Highlining with Matt
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more