Stoked on deep water soloing or enjoy watching the annual Psicocomp in Salt Lake City?
Well, this year, the New River Gorge climbing community of West Virginia established the 2016 PsicoRoc at Summersville Lake; marking the first ever deep water soloing competition to be held on real rock.
Usually, deep water soloing is strictly forbidden here and can result in hefty fines; however, the New River Alliance of Climbers (NRAC) was granted permission from the US Army Corps of Engineers to make this unique event happen. This week’s Friday Flick Pick gives a fantastic peek into the amazing energy and rad climbing of this one-of-a-kind community gathering.
Damn. By far, hands down, the most insane and surreal climbing event I’ve ever been a part of.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- View 200+ more climbing videos
- Our 30+ most popular articles ever
- Psyco Creeping (Deep Water Soloing) in RMNP
- A Rock Climber’s Guide to Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
- Visualization for Rock Climbing: What It Is and How to Use It
- Best Deals on Climbing Gear This Week
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest climbing news, hand-picked gear deals, training, articles, and more updates from our team. Thanks for supporting our grassroots community!