In this photo story, I try to establish who the subject is and what they were doing during the time they were photographed (e.g. Joe Maier pursuing his geological study in Yosemite and living in a van in the Valley for the summer). For me, it was interesting to get close and personal with the dirtbag/living-in-a-van lifestyle.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- Dirtbag Dwellings: Kyle Moran (and His Dog) of Pasadena, California
- Dirtbag Dwellings: Alexis Beaudet-Roy of Quebec
- Photo Story: Winter Climbing in Hyalite Canyon, Montana
- Dirtbag Dwellings: Riley Polvorosa of San Francisco
- The Park: A Photo Story on Winter Climbing in RMNP
- How (and 5 Reasons Why) To Live in a Van
- All articles related to dirtbagging
- Van Life: Essential Gear for Dirtbagging on the Road
- Indian Creek: A Photo Story
- Truck Life: My Setup and What You Should Know Before You Give It a Try
- How to Convert a Cargo Van into the Ultimate Climber’s Camper
- Get daily content updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs of technique, training, knots, and more