While most of us enjoy the comfort of cushy bolts, positive holds, and a reasonable amount of safety on the rock, others—like Will Stanhope—seek out just the opposite: the hard-to-protect, the finicky, and the downright bold. In Cameron “Bearcam” Maier’s latest production, join Stanhope and Sonnie Trotter in Tasmania, as they explore the area’s ocean-blasted cliffs and sea stacks … all while harnessing the power “as a guide.”
This film isn’t another 5.15 crusher-send and it’s not just your cookie-cutter edit of the burn. Instead, it features thoughtful filmmaking, a humorous storyline, and soundtrack-supported rock climbing that will have you itching to get off your computer and back outdoors.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- 200+ rock climbing videos
- Ben Rueck and Mayan Smith-Gobat Climb the Tasmanian Totem Pole
- Interview with Sonnie Trotter: Where Climbing and Life Intersect
- Video: Trad First Ascent of Augmentium (30, 8a+) in Tasmania, Australia
- Video: Chris Sharma on Joe Mama (5.15a)
- This week’s best rock climbing gear sales
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more