Picture this: thousands of feet of glorious, uninterrupted sport climbing … with a frosty poolside margarita waiting to cool you off when you’re back on the ground.
Believe it or not, this is no dreamed up scenario. In fact, that’s the reality in Mexico’s beloved climbing destination, El Potrero Chico —the paradise land of big wall bolt clipping.
In this week’s Friday Flick Pick, you’ll watch two of American Alpine Club’s Live Your Dream grant recipients work to establish Lucy Goosy, a new 10-pitch 5.11- that travels 1,050 vertical feet. Their journey sheds light on the relative ease and vast potential for development that remains at this world-class sport climbing paradise.
Being able to be like 2400 feet up and still be clipping bolts is pretty outrageous and that’s specific to Potrero.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- 200+ rock climbing videos
- Video: Dani Arnold Free Solos Two Big Walls in Record Time
- 10 Common mistakes New Big Wall Climbers Make
- Climbing Destination Guide: El Potrero Chico, Mexico
- Multi-Pitch Climbing: 10 Dos & Don’ts
- Video: The Developer’s Craft: Pioneering New Routes
- This week’s best rock climbing gear sales
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest climbing news, hand-picked gear deals, training, articles, and more updates from our team. Thanks for supporting our grassroots community!