As one of the most highly anticipated bouldering events of the year, 2017’s 24th annual American Alpine Club Hueco Rock Rodeo—held from February 10-12 in Hueco Tanks, Texas—surely did not disappoint.
Despite the windless 80-degree conditions (in other words, the opposite of sending temps), the contestants of the 2017 event impressively fought through less than ideal bouldering weather to deliver an astounding array of hard ascents. This week’s Friday Flick Pick highlights some of the best.
- This Week’s Best Rock Climbing Gear Deals
- Our 30+ most popular articles ever
- Climbing Destination Guide: Hueco Tanks, Texas
- Video: A Climber’s Rodeo — Hueco Tanks
- Climber Spotlight: Obe Carrion in Bouldering in the 90s, Being Pro, Coaching Ashima
- Climber Spotlight: Ann Raber
- Gear Guide: Best Climbing Equipment for New Climbers
- 5 Climbing Organizations You Should Care About
- 23 Best Gifts for Rock Climbers
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more