Camista, seen only at film festivals until it premiered on YouTube May 20, 2020, follows the journey of Mike Penney (big Mike) and Mike Smythe (little Mike) as they set routes in Lion’s Head, Ontario. Though it may come as a surprise to outsiders, Ontario has some of the most beautiful water and cliffs in the world. In this climbing video, soak up the vibrant turquoise water contrasting against the deep forest green trees and bright stone of Lion’s Head and Georgian Bay.
“The Mikes” named their first route Camista after the boat that cut their approach down to 10 minutes.
It’s important as climbers to show that we not only respect this place, but that we clean up after those who don’t respect this place.
- WINNER Best local short @ Scenic City Film Festival
- Official selection 2019 Flagstaff Mountain Film Festival
- Official Selection 2019 Pursuits Film Festival
- Official Selection 2018 Forest City Film Festival 2019
- Official Selection 2018 Canada Shorts Film Festival
- Featuring Mike Penney, Mike Smythe, Lucas Uchida
- Directed, Filmed & Edited by Shawn Tron
- Additional Footage and photography by the Mikes
- Executive Producer Gregory Francis
- Sound Mix Gregory Francis
- Original Soundtrack written by Northern Frequencies (Jon Foster & Steve Poloni)