This week’s Friday Flick Pick follows Sean Villanueva and Siebe Vanhee’s 2015 expedition on the Tsaranoro massif in Madagascar, where they embark on a ground-up ascent on an unclimbed vertical ocean of granite.
And in typical Sean Villanueva fashion, this trip is filled with plenty of ridiculous shenanigans for you to enjoy.
… It’s always better to do it in your underwear!
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- Our 30+ most popular articles ever
- Today’s Best Rock Climbing Gear Deals
- 200+ rock climbing videos
- Video: Big Wall into the Clouds—Developing Remotes Routes in Africa
- What’s In Your Pack: Peter Croft on Gear and Alpine Efficiency
- Video: Haywire—Cheyne Lempe & David Allfrey on Baffin Island’s Big Walls
- An Interview with Conrad Anker on Risk, Reward, and Living in the Moment
- 10 Common Mistakes New Big Wall Climbers Make
- Essay: An Ode to the Developers
- Multi-pitch Climbing: 10 Dos & Don’ts
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more