Ray Verseau is recognized by many climbers as “the best belayer in the world.” For him, belaying is more than a skill, it is a lifestyle. In this week’s Friday Flick Pick we learn about “The Art of the Belay” and hear from the few lucky climbers who have had this master supporting them on the other end.
When he belayed me, and I sent my route, I actually broke down in tears … I had never experienced anything like that, and it changed my life.
If you liked this article, we think you’ll also enjoy:
- Climber Confessional: Say “On Belay” Like You Mean It
- Rock Climbing Gear Guide: Best Belay Devices
- How to Rappel if You Drop Your Belay Device
- The Best Way to Belay from Above
- Overcoming the Fear of Falling — A Scientific Approach