In this thorough 25-minute video, renowned Scottish climber, Dave MacLeod, covers virtually every detail of fingerboard/hangboard training to help you get started or excel from your current level, including:
- what exercises to use
- how to properly warm up
- how to adjust intensity
- keys to avoiding injury
- scheduling sessions
- selecting the right hangboard for you
For more training information and insights from Dave, visit his website.
If you liked this article, we think you’ll also enjoy:
- A Comparison of Popular Hangboard Programs
- The Best Hangboard Workout … Period
- Video: A Look at Dave MacLeod’s Passion for First Ascents
- Video: Best Upper Body Exercises for Climbing with Audrey Sniezek
- Everything You Need to Know About Campus Board Training with Eric Horst
Lastly, don’t forget to check out our most popular articles ever published, free rock climbing eBooks, and the internet’s best climbing gear sales.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest climbing news, hand-picked gear deals, training, articles, and more updates from our team. Thanks for supporting our grassroots community!