The following content was originally at VDiff Climbing, which provides simple illustrations for safe climbing techniques. Use this guide as a basic introduction to using copperheads for aid climbing. Remember, learning about rock climbing online serves as a tool, but in no way are written articles a substitute for hands-on instruction. Failure to follow appropriate safety measures could result in serious injury or death. If just getting started, seek professional climbing courses offered by AMGA-certified guiding services. Be smart, and climb safely.
This article has been updated. View the updated version here from VDiff Climbing.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- Explore all of our educational articles
- Our 30+ Most Popular Articles Ever
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- What is Aid Climbing? — A Beginner’s Guide on How to Get Started
- Gear You Ought to Know: A Review of CAMP Tricams
- How to Rappel If You Drop Your Belay Device
- Gear You Ought to Know: A Review of Sterling Rope’s Hollow Block
- Top 20 Best Outdoorsy Gifts
- How to Build a Trad Rack
- Gear Review: DMM Wallnuts
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest climbing news, hand-picked gear deals, training, articles, and more updates from our team. Thanks for supporting our grassroots community!