This video delves into an interesting analysis of whether there exists an “ideal” weight for high performance rock climbing. Based on BMI research of the top men and women’s world cup finishers for lead and bouldering in 2015, Derek of the YouTube channel, Bouldering Vlog, found some surprising results.
Test your BMI
Interested in seeing where you fit on the “ideal BMI” spectrum? You can determine your BMI in the widget below.
- Free eBooks on Techniques, Training, and More
- Nutrition Tips: Fueling for Optimal Climbing Performance
- A Rest Day Workout for Climbers Who Hate Rest Days
- 6 Best Training Recovery Tools for Climbers
- 200+ Rock Climbing Videos
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest climbing news, hand-picked gear deals, training, articles, and more updates from our team. Thanks for supporting our grassroots community!