Like 4x4s in climbing … except not.
In her first two years of rock climbing, Nashville-native Courtney Woods managed to send a V10 boulder and 5.13a sport climb … Aside from being a monstrous crusher both in the climbing and yoga realms, and wife to lucky husband, Daniel Woods (talk about a promising gene pool!), Courtney has some quirks and experiences that might take you by surprise in this 5×5 Revelations:
1. My La Sportiva Solutions
2. My chalk bag
4. A snack
5. A rain jacket
1. Weird is subjective! I think what is weird to others maybe isn’t that weird to me, but I guess I do have 2 webbed toes on my right foot.
2. I don’t like trash bags that aren’t the right fit for the trash can.
3. I have probably 40 different pens because I get bored with the same one.
4. I drive a different way home every time.
5. I’m still obsessed with Harry Potter.
1. My first multi-pitch in Lofer, Austria
2. The Hatchling (V11) in the Rocklands, South Africa
3. I may or may not have sent Daily Dick Dose, (V7) in Hueco on hallucinogens …
4. My first V11, Niviuk in Silvretta, Austria
5. The smallest crimp line I’ve ever done: The Shining (V11) in Austria
1. Norway (which I’m about to visit)
2. Peñoles, Mexico
1. Yoga teacher training
2. Getting married
3. Owning a dog
4. Being a raft guide
5. Going climbing for the first time
Have extra questions for Courtney? Leave them in the comments below.