Do you and your climbing partner have a significant weight difference?
If so, then you know it’s quite lucky to be the heavier climber … You’ll pretty much score a soft catch when climbing every time. However, if you’re the lightweight belayer on the other end, you will often find yourself launched into the air in the event of a fall.
In this video, Lithuania climbers, Ben and Dei, walk us through a series of tips and tricks to improve belaying technique when a weight differential creates this less-than-ideal scenario.
If you liked this article, we think you’ll also enjoy:
- Climber Confessional: Say “On Belay” Like You Mean It
- Rock Climbing Gear Guide: Best Belay Devices
- How to Rappel if You Drop Your Belay Device
- The Best Way to Belay from Above
- Overcoming the Fear of Falling — A Scientific Approach