The most talented climbers in the world aren’t just strong, they also have impeccable technique—particularly in their ability to precisely and efficiently use their feet and body positioning.
In this short video, climbing YouTuber, Mani the Monkey, discusses the advantages of improving your footwork and a few simple ways you can train this skill.
His key takeaway? When possible,
Move on your toe tips!
By doing so, you’ll benefit from:
- More friction
- Greater mobility
- Ability to pull on footholds
A great way to work on improving your overall footwork is to practice climbing with silent feet.
If you liked this article, we think you’ll also enjoy:
- Climbing Gear Guide: Best Equipment for Beginner Climbers
- Free Rock Climbing Fundamentals eBook: Terms, Tips, and Techniques
- 3 Basic Technique Tips for New Climbers
- Climbing for Beginners: Spotting for Bouldering
- Pull-Up Progression for Climbers