In this week’s Friday Flick Pick, join Magnus Midtbo on his summer road trip to explore the climbing in his home country of Norway—not only revisiting the hard sport climbing areas but also taking a stab at the incredible big wall trad climbing that exists there.
While his big wall climbing plans with Alex Honnold fell through due to rainy conditions, Magnus managed to explore other big walls with another partner and take a trip back to Flatanger Cave to take on Thor’s Hammer (5.15a/9a+); a six-year project that he originally bolted in 2011, and was first sent by Adam Ondra.
- Our 30+ most popular articles ever
- Today’s Best Rock Climbing Gear Deals
- 200+ rock climbing videos
- Video: Alex Honnold and Felipe Camargo in Getu, China
- Rock Climbing Gear: Sport Climbing Essentials
- Video: Chris Sharma Project a 5.14d Multi-pitch in Mont Rebei
- Video: Tea, Tape, and Taylor Swift on Norway’s Storpillaren
- Long-Term Projecting: 7 Keys to Unlocking Success
- Video: Adam Ondra on Change — Looking Back at a Historical Ascent
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest climbing news, hand-picked gear deals, training, articles, and more updates from our team. Thanks for supporting our grassroots community!