This week we’re featuring one of, talented boulderer Nina Williams’ first ever multi-pitch trad climbing adventures … which just happens to be up one of Yosemite Valley’s most iconic routes: The Rostrum (5.11c).
To tackle this challenging line ( … grades in Yosemite aren’t exactly soft!), Nina teamed up with experienced Yosemite Search and Rescue (YOSAR) member, Helen Sinclair. Swapping leads and even taking a fall on her gear, you’ll hear some of the lessons she learned from the experience of testing herself in a discipline of climbing virtually brand new to her. And as a bonus, you get a birds-eye view at this impeccable route.
- Our 40+ most popular articles ever
- Today’s Best Rock Climbing Gear Deals
- 200+ rock climbing videos
- An Interview with Nina Williams on FFAs, Training, and Future Projects
- Of Ghosts and Gracks — On becoming a Yosemite Climber
- What’s In Your Pack: Peter Croft on Gear and Alpine Efficiency
- Video: The El Cap Bridge: A Special Place for Yosemite’s Big Wall Climbers
- Video: California Dreamer — Tommy Caldwell & Kevin Jorgeson’s Dawn Wall Ascent
- 10 Common Mistakes New Big Wall Climbers Make
- Climbing Destination Guide: Yosemite Valley, California
- Multi-pitch Climbing: 10 Dos & Don’ts
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more