Within Spain’s Picos de Europa National Park exist two forms of what are known as Orbayu —one denoting the drizzling mist that settles into the area’s valleys and cliffs, and the other, a stunning 500-meter, 13-pitch climb bearing an incredibly technical 5.14b (8c) crux. Situated at 2000 meters high, not only do the challenges emerge from the climb’s intense exposure, but from the sparse and unreliable protection relied upon throughout.
In this full-length film presented by Petzl, we witness the Orbayu‘s intensity as climbers Nina Caprez and Cédric Lachat make a gripping attempt on what they describe as a
… truly massive awe-inspiring route.
What transpires as a battle of maintaining and honing psych—even at one’s wit’s end—serves as a worthwhile look into what it takes both mentally and physically to project and tackle hard multi-pitch routes.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- Our 30+ most popular articles ever
- Today’s Best Rock Climbing Gear Deals
- 200+ rock climbing videos
- Multi-pitch Climbing: 10 Dos & Don’ts
- Video: Chris Sharma Project a 5.14d Multi-pitch in Mont Rebei
- Video: Dani Andrada and Edu Marin Climb Chilam Bilam (5.15b)
- 15 Gifts for Climbers, All Under 20 Bucks
- Long-Term Projecting: 7 Keys to Unlocking Success
- Training Gains: A Female Climber Perspective
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more