Hyalite Canyon, located just outside of Bozeman, Montana is a mecca for ice climbers. Just about every day, be it the weekend or the middle of the week, you can find handfuls of parties exploring the hundreds of climbs found in the area.
If you show up late in the afternoon you’ll find teams drinking beers in the parking lot, as others head up to the main wall to top rope after work. These photos show a few of the climbers, moderates, and classic climbs of the canyon.
All Photos: Seth Langbauer. Explore more of his work here.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- Our 30+ most popular articles ever
- Today’s Best Rock Climbing Gear Deals
- Hyalite Canyon: A Photo Story
- Don’t Forget the Spare Batteries: A Shiver Bivy Story on Mt. Whitney
- Isolation — A Photo Story from the 2016 Bozeman Ice Festival
- Video: Inside the Mind of an Ice Climber
- WTF is Dry Tooling? — 5 Videos Worth Wasting Time With
- The Park: A Photo Story on Winter Climbing in RMNP
- Featured Photographer: Cameron “Bearcam” Maier
- Get daily content updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs of technique, training, knots, and more
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest climbing news, hand-picked gear deals, training, articles, and more updates from our team. Thanks for supporting our grassroots community!