The week’s Friday Flick Pick profiles Alan Watts, one of the leading developers and pioneers of introducing cutting-edge sport climbing in Smith Rock. His immense efforts quickly established this climbing mecca situated in the heart of Central Oregon as the birthplace of sport climbing as we know it in America.
If you liked this article, we think you’ll also enjoy:
- Climbing Destination Guide: Smith Rock, Oregon
- A Brief History of Rock Climbing
- Video: Nina Caprez — To Bolt Or Not to Be
- Essay: What’s in a Grade? — How to Approach Climbing Difficulty
- Video: The Developer’s Craft — The Process of Pioneering New Routes