After 8 years since his first attempt, Patxi Usobiaga sent Pachamama (9a+/b)—his hardest route to date—on November 10, 2017 in Oliana, Spain.
This Friday Flick Pick dives into the obsessive training, immense dedication, and arduous mental battle Patxi went through to put this project to rest, as well as how his lifestyle has changed since his days in the competition world.
I will not stop training—never—because if I want to get my goal, I have to do it.
If you liked this article, we think you’ll also enjoy:
- Video: Chris Sharma Training with Patxi Usobiaga
- Video: Joe Kinder and Patxi Usobiaga Climbing in Cala Gonone of Sardinia, Italy
- Endurance Training Workouts with Adam Ondra
- A Look at Lattice Training — Endurance, Power, Strength, and More
- What’s In Your Pack: Jonathan Siegrist on His Projects, Climbing in Spain, and Gear Tips