In this week’s Friday Flick Pick, filmmaker Dan Cheetham gives us an intimate look into the life and role of climbing for one of the UK’s top female climbers, Mina Leslie-Wujastyk.
In this beautifully shot short, Mina reflects on challenges encountered in her life and how her relationship with climbing has been shaped during those events; both teaching her to manage expectations and adapt to the feeling of failure. As Mina prepares to take on her hardest route yet—Rainshadow (9a) in Sheffield, England—we see that those lessons magnify futher.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- Our 40+ most popular articles ever
- Today’s Best Rock Climbing Gear Deals
- 200+ rock climbing videos
- Video: Work Hard, Climb Harder — A Profile on Audrey Sniezek
- Training Gains: A Female Climber Perspective
- To Keep Moving Forward: How Doing Hard Things Can Help Us Heal
- Video: Daila Ojeda’s First Multi-Pitch Experience
- A Recap of the 2017 Flash Foxy Women’s Climbing Festival
- Video: Margo Hayes Sends La Rambla (5.15a/9a+)
- Projecting the Captain — An Interview with Emily Harrington
- Video: Orbayu — A Climbing Odyssey with Nina Caprez and Cedric Lachat
- Video: Nina Williams Highball Bouldering in Bishop, CA
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more