In this 13-minute film, we follow Gordon McArthur’s battle to climb the world’s hardest dry tooling route, located in a massive, remote cave outside of Fernie, British Columbia.
After two dedicated years of developing, working, training, and establishing this daunting 80-meter horizontal line with his partner, Noah, Gordon achieved the first ascent of Storm Giant (D16) on August 17, 2017.
When you find something so special you just want to see it to the end and become a part of it. It’s once in a lifetime.
If you liked this article, we think you’ll also enjoy:
- WTF is Dry Tooling? — 5 Videos Worth Wasting Time With
- Video: Will Gadd Climbs World’s Hardest Mixed Climb
- Notes from a First-Time Ice Climber
- Photo Story: Winter Climbing in Hyalite Canyon, Montana
- Cassin Ridge in a Storm: Fully Committed on the South Face of Denali