Well, this year, the New River Gorge climbing community of West Virginia established the 2016 PsicoRoc at Summersville Lake; marking the first ever deep water soloing competition to be held on real rock.
Usually, deep water soloing is strictly forbidden here and can result in hefty fines; however, the New River Alliance of Climbers (NRAC) was granted permission from the US Army Corps of Engineers to make this unique event happen. This week’s Friday Flick Pick gives a fantastic peek into the amazing energy and rad climbing of this one-of-a-kind community gathering.
Damn. By far, hands down, the most insane and surreal climbing event I’ve ever been a part of.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- View 200+ more climbing videos
- Our 30+ most popular articles ever
- Psyco Creeping (Deep Water Soloing) in RMNP
- A Rock Climber’s Guide to Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
- Visualization for Rock Climbing: What It Is and How to Use It
- Best Deals on Climbing Gear This Week
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more