Earlier this week, we talked about Ethan’s new 5.14c trad line in northern California, Blackbeard’s Tears. Not long ago, he impressed the climbing world with his ascent of North America’s hardest sport line, Jumbo Love (5.15b). And now—living up to his reputation as one of the world’s best all-arounders—we watch Ethan on the eerily tall Old Greg (V11) in Bishop, California.
In this Friday Flick Pick, you’ll watch the full highballing process: scouting the line, working it on a rope (a near-successful brownpoint), and rounding up dozens of pads in the honorable effort to provide some level of safety …
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- Explore 200+ more climbing videos
- What’s in Your Pack: Ethan Pringle
- Climber Spotlight: Ethan Pringle
- Video: Ethan Pringle in “Tales of the Wild”
- An Interview with Georgie Abel—Jumbo-Loving Girlfriend of Ethan Pringle
- How to Climb Highballs
- Video: Cheyne Lempe and Ethan Pringle Explore Rarely Climbed Yosemite Cracks
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more