A brand spankin’ new year has arrived, and by nature of being climbers, most of us have a rock-related project or goal in our sights for 2015. A few days ago we asked the climbing community to share climbing-related New Year’s resolutions, and here’s what you told us:
Take a couple of solid falls on my gear placements!
I want to finish a V7!
To NOT burn out the soles of any of my climbing shoes for an entire year!
To simply have fun, EVERY time I climb in 2015.
Ben Schenck, host of MTNmeister
BHAG (big, hairy, audacious goal) – Go on a seven-plus day expedition to summit a mountain outside of the USA.
Continue crushing crag naps 🙂
I want to consistently onsite 5.11 sport!
Aicacia Young, Founder of Climb Healthy
To try harder. It sounds like such a stupid thing to work on but I think that the best climbers really just know how to try harder than other people. I want to get better at clearing my mind so I can focus 100% on trying really, really hard.
The RV Project
Mike Bowsher of The Spray Down
My goal is to send my first V11 on Fotowa at Great Barrington. I’m sooo close already and I’m psyched to get the send soon!
Katie Boue of The Morning Fresh
I believe in goals, not resolutions, but here they go!
– Climb 450 pitches
– Climb all the 5.9s in Gallatin Canyon
– Run the Ridge Run—hopefully in 4:30 or less
– Get one article published in the Dirtbag Diaries, Adventure.com, or Mountain Gazette
– Walk the Highline “The Royal We”
– Climb the Beckey Couloir on Glacier Peak (cough, cough Justin Willis)
– Climb 20 pitches on my 20th birthday
– Do 20 sunrise to sunset days where I start an ‘adventure’ before sunrise and don’t stop until after sunset
– Raise $2,000 for the Mountain Fund
To go on two outdoor climbing trips. Hopefully Red Rocks 🙂
Andrew Bisharat of Evening Sends
To up my lead climbing grade and do my first big wall climbing. Lost Arrow Spire is the target for an introduction to big walls this year.
Resolution: to climb two grades harder and to NOT get injured!!
Perform a one-armed pull-up! Yarrr!
Charley Radcliffe of Digital Steak
Learn to build anchors with gear and lead my first multipitch!
Alison Dennis of WeighMyRack
New Years Climbing Resolution: Climbing in at least 25 crags.