Although it happened almost a year ago, Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson’s ascent of the world’s hardest free climb—the Dawn Wall —still blows our friggin’ minds. That’s why this week we’re featuring a film that captures the ups and downs of this arduous 7-year journey. See what it took to achieve the historic ascent of the Dawn Wall.
Yosemite makes you believe that anything is possible.
– Tommy Caldwell
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- Our 40+ most popular articles ever
- Today’s Best Rock Climbing Gear Deals
- 200+ rock climbing videos
- Book Review: Hans Florine’s On The Nose—A Lifelong Obsession with Yosemite’s Most Iconic Climb
- Of Ghosts and Gracks — On becoming a Yosemite Climber
- Adam Ondra Sends the Dawn Wall
- What’s In Your Pack: Peter Croft on Gear and Alpine Efficiency
- Video: The El Cap Bridge: A Special Place for Yosemite’s Big Wall Climbers
- Dawn Wall Diary: Daily Recap Footage
- 10 Common Mistakes New Big Wall Climbers Make
- Climbing Destination Guide: Yosemite Valley, California
- Multi-pitch Climbing: 10 Dos & Don’ts
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more