As a father of two, hard trad feels very different to me these days and I’m happy to say that I climbed through the serious sections with composure and control. That said, the last part of the headwall, where you’re looking at a ‘safe 60-footer’, was one of the biggest fights of my life and I can’t believe how close I came to taking the ride.
Neil Gresham is a Lake District-based athlete, obsessed with finding new, hard routes. During the lockdown, he worked hard training for a new project.
Linking two established sections of the crag with some spicy unprotected climbing, he climbed this E10 route. This is the story of Final Score E10 7A.
A film by EpicTV Climbing Daily
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
Explore MoreRelated articles you'll love
- Get the Right Gear with Moja Gear’s Buyers Guides
- Moja Gear’s Weekly Gear Deal Picks
- Path to Big Wall Climbing: Part 1: Where to Start?
- How to Build your First Trad Rack
- Best Shoes for Bouldering, Sport, and Trad Climbing