In case you haven’t seen it before, this is the story of what Chris Sharma does: once again—in seemingly casual fashion—Chris sends what most of the world would consider impossibly hard. But even though we see the story repeat itself in a now-normal frequency, watching him climb doesn’t get old.
So, here it is: Chris tries Joe Mama (5.15a/9a+), can’t do it, and so he takes a break and has a kid and trains a bit. Some time later, kicking it at home with a beer in-hand, he thinks about heading back out to Joe Mama. And in his words:
I was like what the hell, I’ll get back on Joe Mama. And yeah—[insert zipper swooshing sound]—crushed it. It was awesome.
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- This week’s best rock climbing gear sales
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Check out all Friday Flick Picks
- Video: Chris Sharma Starts Training with Patxi Usobiaga
- Video: Chris Sharma Deep Water Soloing in Mallorca, Spain
- Video: 2016 PsicoRoc Highlight Reel
- 6 Tips to Climb Harder Than Ever While Working Full Time
- The Best Hangboard Workout … Period.
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more