You read that title right: Stefano Ghisolfi not only sent Goldrake, a technical and burly 5.15 (9a+) located in Northern Italy, but he did so with an injured finger.
Oh, and it’s also worth mentioning that Adam Ondra (you know, the guy that casually sent the Dawn Wall in an 8-day push) made its first ascent in 2010; ensuring you that this route is certainly no gimme.
This week’s Friday Flick Pick pays homage to a climber tenacious enough to complete a monstrous sport climb, even while injured. And with holidays in full swing, what’s more heartwarming than indulging in an incredible performance of serious try hard … from the comforts of your cozy couch?
Want more climbing content? Get our awesome climbing newsletter, delivered weekly.
- Our 30+ most popular articles ever
- Today’s Best Rock Climbing Gear Deals
- 200+ rock climbing videos
- Rock Climbing Gear: Sport Climbing Essentials
- Video: Chris Sharma Project a 5.14d Multi-pitch in Mont Rebei
- Video: Dani Andrada and Edu Marin Climb Chilam Bilam (5.15b)
- Video: Orbayu — A Cimbing Odyssey with Nina Caprez and Cedric Lachat
- Long-Term Projecting: 7 Keys to Unlocking Success
- Video: Adam Ondra on Change — Looking Back at a Historical Ascent
- Get daily updates by Liking us on Facebook
- Free rock climbing PDFs on technique, training, knots, and more